Friday, September 12, 2008

Take a Hike, Ike

So, some of you may know that I live in the projected path of Hurricane Ike. We are specifically in an area that was asked NOT to evacuate, and so we are here. The plan is that several families will gather in a single house for Shabbat and ride out the worst of the storm together. We should be completely fine, but we might lose power for a few days.

If I can post after Shabbat, I will. If I can't, I'll still try to get word out that we're fine, which I'm sure we will be. But, if you happen to have a few extra minutes, you should feel free to spare a good thought for us, and for everyone in the storm's path.

See you on the other side!

P.S. If I ever get results from the neurologist, I will share them. I'm assuming for now that the fact that they haven't called means I'm not dying.


lisa said...

Thinking of you WG! My mom evacuated but it was more for work than anything else (natural gas company). Hoping it's not too bad and any power loss is short. And good news on not getting a call yet. :)

Shosh said...

i was actually thinking about you last night after i spoke to my relatives in the area and they said they are also not leaving. good luck!

Natalie said...

Hope you're all stay well.

ella said...

Hang in there, good luck, stay safe and dry! Shabbat Shalom and we will all be eagerly awaiting your "safe & sound post" as soon as you can post it. Because that's definitely going to be your highest priority, right?