Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Empowered

I've noticed lately that I am less afraid to speak up for myself. I've never been afraid to speak up for D. -- I was overwhelmed just after his birth and relied heavily on Mr. WG, but I think that's to be expected what with the whole having giving birth thing and all. But since then, I don't have any problem speaking firmly and even yelling when necessary for D.

For myself, well, that's another story. I mean, let's face it -- I'm pregnant right now because when my OB/GYN blew off my birth control questions, I let it go.

So. Lately, I've been doing the coupon thing, buying stuff at CVS, Walgreens, and my local grocery stores for the best possible prices, getting money back, getting good deals, and so on. And when you start out at this game, you make some mistakes. You buy products you thought would give you back money and find that they don't. And I've noticed that when I get to my car and go over the receipt, if I see something I didn't expect, I suddenly have no problem walking back into the store and saying so. And guess what? THE WORLD CONTINUES TO TURN ON ITS AXIS.

Today, I was looking at my credit card statements and found a couple of charges I didn't make. I called the bank, went through the process, and then had to call a second number to file the actual dispute. And I did it, which may not sound like a big deal, but it is to me. I don't know why I've had trouble in the past asking for what I deserve, but I seem to have gotten past it, which is nice.

And, for my totally gratuitous Jack Bauer reference, despite the utter ridiculousness of the premise of last night's DOUBLE episode, I still think Jack looks FREAKING HOT this season. Something about a man with a gun....

0 comments: