Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Evaluations and Applications

Last week, I took D. for his second attempt at the public school evaluation. He had gone a week earlier with Mr. WG, and they returned after a scant 10 minutes because D. didn't want to do anything. Last week he was better, but we didn't get through everything we needed to. So when we were setting up the next appointment, I said it might be wise to try for the morning, rather than the afternoon. "How early do you start?" I asked.

"Seven."

"OK, we'll be here at seven," I said.

What can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time. So today, Mr. WG got up at 5 am and was showered and dressed and WAY TOO AWAKE at 5:30. I staggered out of bed at around ten of 6, and by the time I made it into the kitchen, the girls were already playing on the computer, having eaten and dressed and all that. Baby J. was watching TV, and D, who normally wakes up at Waythehecktooearly o'clock, was still sleeping. But we made it to the appointment on time, and D. was actually pretty cooperative. And for most of the time, I didn't want to kill the public school people.

We still have to go back once more (also at 7 am) to finish up the eval, but the end is in sight.

In other news, I have nearly completed the new application for The School. And since I have called every other possible place here, The School had better admit D. this time. Or I'll... well, I'll be really sad.

In addition to the school application, I am working on financial aid applications for funding from several sources. I have to submit my current tax returns, so this morning I worked on finishing up the tax stuff to send off to the accountant. I really hate paperwork, so this is a real accomplishment.

My tax prep work involves many hours of Quicken, data entry, reviewing crap, hounding clients for 1099s, etc. Mr. WG has one job: log in to his Fedex account and arrange a pickup. So, guess who did her work and guess who is whining like a baby?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in all the school applications and all!

Unknown said...

Hi
My son is 11 and he has Sotos Syndrome. It's been nice reading your blogs... It's a challenge, especially after days like today's IEP meeting with my son's school and hearing about how he still can't keep his hands to himself, how his maturity level holds him back, how he doesn't stay focussed....but at the end of the day, I'd be lost without him, and he's my treasure.

I've add you to my daily blogs to read and feel free to email me if ever you need any support!
Deborah