Thursday, May 03, 2007

Pins and Needles

Today we should find out whether D. has been accepted to The School for next year. Yesterday, Mr. WG asked me, "What will you do if he's not?"

"I'll be really upset."

"And when you're done with that?"

I thought about it, and eventually I said, "I think I would have to homeschool him for the year and supplement with therapy." Mr. WG agreed that a custom curriculum was probably the best choice. He pointed out, though, that it would be incredibly draining for me. So let's just all keep our fingers crossed that D. gets into The School.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, why is it "what will YOU do if he's not accepted" instead of "what will WE do if he's not accepted"?

WriterGrrl said...

I think it was more of a "What do you want to do?" question. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Remember, English is my husband's second language, but I've known him long enough to understand how his mind works.