Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A pathetic comeback after an unexplained absence

Wow. It’s been forever since we talked, huh? Like, since LAST YEAR. I bet you’re thinking I’ve been up to all kinds of crazy goodness, like curing cancer and publishing a best seller. And you’re right! Except that instead of curing cancer, I was watching all of Season 5 of 24, and instead of publishing a best seller, I was learning how to play waste insane amounts of time with online sudoku.

Seriously, people, my sudoku obsession is a little bit frightening. Today, I played sudoku instead of going to Target.

So, what with the new year and all, I guess I should do a little bit of a wrap up. Right, ok.

Previously on You Get What You Get:

Announcer: The diagnosis…

Neurologist: I think your son has Sotos syndrome.

Announcer: The reaction…

Mr. WG: Dude, that guy is WACKED, yo.

WG: (Muffled sobbing)

Announcer: The reprieve…

Neurologist: The genetic testing we did says your son doesn’t have Sotos.

Announcer: The victory dance…

Mr. WG: Who da man? Who da man?

WG: (points and laughs)

Announcer: The mistake…

Geneticist: Yeah, um, actually, your kid FOR SURE has Sotos.

Announcer: The denial…

Mr. WG: La la la la I CAN’T HEAR YOU.

WG: (sound of typing)

Announcer: The boy. The love. The fear. The hope. This season on all-new episodes of You Get What You Get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, WG. Happy new year and I hope this year holds wonderful things for you and your family.

3MGA mom said...

I was wondering about you... Glad you're back!

Ani Od Chai said...

Dude, I saw the coolest magnetic sudoku game at the toy store in the outlet mall yesterday and totally thought of you! Shana tova ;)