Friday, October 20, 2006

Random updates on various tidbits.

1. My Sister’s Wedding Drama, by WG

So, my sister took my advice. She sat down Mr. A. and told him, Either you want to get married, or you don’t. And he said, “Well of course I still want to marry you,” like there had never even been a QUESTION.

Then my sister left a message for my parents in Mexico. On a machine in a house owned by someone else. “Hi, this is A., [our parents’] daughter. I’m fine. My fiancé wants to postpone the wedding, but I’m fine. I’ve been talking to my sister and I’m fine.”

Apparently my parents never got that message, but they came home yesterday afternoon, and I got my mom on her cell right about the second she crossed into the U.S. They think I did a very good job of standing in for them.

My sister and her fiancé are going to go to couples counseling.

2. What I Did About My SIL (remember that?), by WG

I called her to say, “Happy Yom Kippur!” and had a very superficial conversation with her and with my brother. Then, yesterday morning, my brother called to say that my SIL’s water had broken at 1 a.m., and they had been at the hospital since 3 a.m. At around 8 p.m. last night they took her in for a C-section, and I am finally an aunt. I have a niece!

3. WG’s Crazy Dreams

Last night I dreamed that Mr. WG was a convert, but more of a Jews for Jesus type thing, and I had to break up with him. At several points in the dream, I took his face in my hands and told him, sobbing, soap-opera style, "I love you too much to ask you to do something that I wouldn't do." My sister’s fiancé is a convert, but not a Jews for Jesus type. But I’m guessing my stress sparked the dream.

4. Boring, by WG

I had a cavity filled yesterday and the anesthetic took FIVE FREAKING HOURS to wear off, and I tried to claw off my face from the itching.

5. Coming Up Next on the WG Show

I took D. in for an allergy consult that turned out to be useless. But I did get to spend 4 hours at Children’s Hospital! And I have a really fun story about that! Bet you can hardly wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats, Auntie! And way to go with the sis.

3MGA mom said...

Sounds like the best possible resolution for all of those situations, given all the constraints. It's great that you'll have a track record with your sister on this type of stuff from now on. I wish I had a big sister :)