Thursday, August 31, 2006

I said, they said.

What I say:

We are looking for a nanny/housekeeper who can work Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Both of us work from home. We have four children, but two are in school all day long and one is in school until noon.

The job includes spending several hours a day with our 8-month-old baby and taking care of cleaning and other housekeeping duties. At times, you may need to watch the baby and our 3-year-old, and once in a while, all four of our kids will be home from school.

We will never expect you to be completely in charge of the children and the cleaning at the same time. We may have occasional times where we both need to be working or out of the house and we will ask you to watch the kids and not to worry about the cleaning. Other times, if we have grandparents visiting, we may ask you to focus on some bigger cleaning tasks and not to worry about taking care of the kids.

Once you are in the swing of things, you will likely find that you have a decent amount of downtime daily -- we don't expect you to be on your feet all day. If you've done what you need to do and the kids are napping, there's no reason you can't sit down with a magazine.

What they say:

Today, as of now I work for a Family with 6 children I love all the kids, but I'm looking for something with better hours. Your work time is great and I would love it unfortunately I make $18.00 per hr. and cant step down in the income department.

(In other words, she'd like to work fewer hours and make the same salary.)

[Your house is] to far for me. to answer your Q. weekly salary around $300.if you have any more questions,e-mail me , i be happy to answer them! take care, God bless!

(Um, what questions do you think I'll have if you live too far away?)

I am a 26 yr old Indian female affectionate and attentive towards children. I can clean the house and keep it clean. But I can only work monday and friday 9 to 5pm. tuesday, wednesday, thursday, 1:00 to 5:00pm.

(And I actually interviewed this one, and what she didn't say in her email was that she's only available until June, plus she'll need time off to interview for residencies, because she completed medical school. Also, although she can only work part time some days, she wants the high end of the salary range I offered.)

I haven't worked for a week already at my primary job because the family has 8 kids and they running out of money.
U can imagine how busy i was with this family because noone of the 10 family members had an idea how to clean , cook , do homework with kids , etc. but at the same time ive got a lot of experience how to jungle diffterent duties .
They did have 2 girls ages 18 and 15 who they adopted from Russia who helped me a little bit when they r not in school . A good thing wad that all of them went to school excluding summer of course so i could clean the house at this time.
Well now see if my situation willl work for u .
I have a 5 months doughter Kamilla who i bring to work with me . So think if its ok with to have another child in the house...


(I'm interviewing this one later today, which shows you my level of desperation. I need an extra kid in the house like I need a hole in the head.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooo-boy. Good luck.

3MGA mom said...

I wish I had some pithy advice, but all I can say is that I hope you can find someone that works out for you ASAP!