Monday, August 22, 2011

People Suck.

My husband just emailed me with the name and cell phone number of a woman with the note "Call me." He's off in London again for work. I called him.

"I just spoke to the principal at D's new school," he said. "She said we need to email D's translated developmental evaluation to this woman."

"Okay. You sent me her phone number."

"I know. Can you call her and get her email address and send her the report?"

Okay, so let's start with the fact that my husband thought it would be easier to email me, ask me to call him, explain the situation, and have me call this woman rather than just call her himself and request her email address. Fine. Fine.

I call her.

"Why are you calling my cell phone?" she demanded.

"This is the number I have, I'm sorry," I said.

"I don't understand why you're talking to me at all," she continued. "You should be talking to Office A, and THEY should talk to me. You should never talk to me. Why are you calling me?"

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about," I said. "All I know is that my husband called me from London and told me to call you and get your email address so I can send you a copy of our translated report."

"But YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING TO ME," she said.

"There are A LOT OF THINGS I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO FOR MY SON," I tossed back, and I guess she heard that she had already made me cry, so she allowed me to take down her email address and send the damn report.

Really, is it any wonder I hate people?


2 comments:

moplans said...

wow WG that sucks.
I;ve had several conversations like this too as we prepare for kindergarten next week.
I will cross my fingers for all of us

mother in israel said...

I almost cried myself. Did it get worked out?