Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'll spare you the photo...unless you really want to see it

You know that your life has irreversibly changed when your four-year-old greets you upon your return from the grocery store by announcing, "I made three big kakis in my potty!" and you immediately abandon the groceries, the open car, the open garage, and so on, and hightail it upstairs, where you CHORTLE WITH GLEE when you realize that he is telling the truth and he has FINALLY pooped a SUBSTANTIAL poop IN THE TOILET, and then you TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WITH YOUR CELL PHONE TO SHOW YOUR HUSBAND and then you go back downstairs and show your husband the picture and he PUTS HIS BUSINESS CALL ON HOLD to say, "That's AWESOME!"

For the record, I would like to point out that toilet training my child with Sotos took about two weeks. Toilet training my TOTALLY NORMAL kid took approximately two years, and I am not quite sure that we are all the way there yet, although we have clearly turned a MAJOR corner. Praise the Lord, Hallelujah.

1 comments:

moplans said...

I totally thought you were referring to D here. J is taking FOREVER and I am starting to get the picture that it is her and not the Sotos.

CONGRATS!!!!