Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's not like I'm losing sleep over it or anything, but I still feel bad for her.

Dear Lauren Weisberger,

I'm sorry, honey. You wrote a really good book, and Hollywood messed it up. They took a great story -- I mean, yeah, OK, it was chick lit, but it was REALLY GOOD chick lit -- and they tore out a bunch of pages and then tried to make up stuff to fill in the blank spots, and they didn't do a very good job.

I can only imagine what you were thinking the first time you saw words and ideas that you had imagined in your brain suddenly coming to life on the big screen. You probably sat there, grinning for a minute, and then your brow furrowed.

"Wait," you thought to yourself. "Wait a second. Who the hell is NATE?"

Also, they DESTROYED your poor Christian, PLUS he had no eyebrows. Or something. There was something VERY WRONG with his face.

I'm sure they paid you well and all, but was it really worth it?

Yeah, it probably was.

Well, anyway, I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain.

Love,
WG

0 comments: